LOOK AT THEIR LITTLE LEGS THEY BARELY KNOW HOW TO STAND THEY’RE SO EXCITED FOR FOOD OHY GOD
my favorite screencaps of juliet o’hara | sort of asked by boltium
American Claims Disputed Region of Northeastern Africa For His Daughter.
An American national from Abingdon, Virginia, one Jeremiah Heaton, has reportedly trekked to an area between Egypt and Sudan to claim the disputed region for his 7-year-old daughter so that she could be a real-life princess.
Apparently, his daughter Emily has a fixation with princess and in order to satisfy her fantasy of some day being royalty, Heaton carried out some research and happened upon an area known as Bir Tawil. The region remains officially unclaimed as it has long been disputed by both Egypt and Sudan. With that, Heaton got permission from the Egyptian government to travel to the area in June where he then planted the flag of the ‘Heaton Kingdom’ on the unclaimed piece of land. which now makes her “Princess Emily of the Kingdom of North Sudan” - a name Heaton and his family came up with.
About the process, Heaton said, “I feel confident in the claim we’ve made,” Heaton said. “That’s the exact same process that has been done for thousands of years. The exception is this nation was claimed for love.” He also said that he does intend to “pursue formal recognition with African nations”, starting with Egypt and Sudan.
What does he plan to do with the area? Heaton says his three children will be the facilitators of the area and have expressed wanting to “turn North Sudan into an agricultural hub for the area.”
At the moment, he has no political control over the area - at least not until he gets legal recognition from the United Nations and other neighbouring countries. The area has been the subject of various claims and is also partially inhabited by local populations such as the Bedoiun which could result in further disputes. But Heaton believes that because he trekked to the area, did so out of love and wants to turn the area into a “a nation with a clear purpose of helping other people”, his claim will be well received by other nations.
white people are claiming African land for love this time.I hope they both have to wait until the end of their days and more for that approval. ~Eon
- THE UP SERIES: It follows the lives of 14 children through their lives interviewing them every seven years. It’s amazing to see how they change and where they go. It shows that personality traits do not tend to be very static. Being introverted at 18 doesn’t determine how you’ll be at 32. A girl on there around 20 was totally against having a family and was very cynical about relationships and marriage. Next interview, she was happily wed with children. I link you to 7 UP, which is the first documentary in the series.
- QUEEN OF VERSAILLES:If you have any interest in the SUPER RICH of America and how absolutely delusional they can be, then this documentary will blow your mind. It’s a great window into the lives of people who literally have everything a person could need. Even when they loose everything, they’re entirely incapable of believing that they’re a normal citizen.
- THE ACT OF KILLING: One review describes it as: “This is the most gut-wrenching film I’ve ever seen. It actually makes you understand the nature and true face of evil, and it’s terrifying because it’s so, so normal. After watching it you know that in some other life, you could be him.”
- BABIES: It shows the different ways, different cultures raise their children. It shows how different but similar we all are at the end. They documentary follows 4 different babies, from Mongalia, to Tokyo, to Namibia and then the U.S
- INSIDE NORTH KOREA: An eye-opening film that shows you the truth about a hidden country
- TOUCHING THE VOID: A documentary about two mountain climbers who have an accident on their way back. As one review described it: “Better than any fictional suspense film. Just unreal. You know throughout that the two climbers lived because you’re sitting there watching them narrate, but at times you just can’t believe it.”
- THE COVE: A 2009 documentary film that analyzes and questions dolphin hunting practices in Japan. One review described it as “an impeccably crafted, suspenseful expose of the covert slaughter of dolphins in Japan.”
- THIS IS WHAT WINNING LOOKS LIKE: The documentary follows U.S. Marines as they train Afghan security forces, showing their ineptitude, drug abuse, sexual misconduct, and corruption as well as the reduced role of US Marines due to the troop withdrawal.
- BBC PLANET EARTH (All 11 Episodes): An HD exploration of our world. You’ll just love everything about this, trust me.
- JESUS CAMP: About a Christian summer camp, where children spend their summers being taught that they have “prophetic gifts” and can “take back America for Christ”. This documentary led to the shut down of this summer camp.
You may also like 10 Disturbing Documentaries
Feel free to add to this list!
There is now a particle that enables humans to live without breathing.
As said by Huffington Post
The report states the “microparticles” are made of a single layer of fatty molecules, or lipids, that surround pockets of oxygen gas and are injected into the bloodstream via a liquid solution.
This was inspired by a case of a redhead girl who had severe pneumonia. Her lung tissues became severely damaged and she went into cardiac arrest.
Dr. John Kheir of Boston’s Children Hospital says that this particle helped an animal which had damaged airways and kept it alive for 15 minutes without breathing.
The implications of this particle is profound and can help in many cases such as drowning.
It works like this in case you didn’t get it: if someone couldn’t breathe at all (lungs damaged, bad airways) then putting an oxygen mask over their face would be ultimately useless. Oxygen gas is inserted into the bloodstream of the person itself this way, enabling them to live on.
This is so amazing
I know right, I wish something like this got more attention than Kim Kardashian’s outfit of the day, but sadly that’s not how the world works.
Oh God. That last comment. Exactly. We care about all of the wrong things.
People of tumblr, let’s not be like the rest of the world. Let’s get this the attention it deserves.